- 1 What TCP port is utilized by an SSH server?
- 2 What two protocols are used for remote access to a server?
- 3 What type of IP address is configured by a server when a device first initiates a connection to the network?
- 4 What command can be used to display IP addresses assigned to all network connections on a system?
- 5 Is it safe to port forward ssh?
- 6 How do I SSH to port forwarding?
- 7 What are the types of remote access?
- 8 Which of the following remote access protocols is the most secure one?
- 9 What are the two mail protocols used for delivery of messages?
- 10 How is the network portion of an IP address identified?
- 11 What cell phone technology is the most popular in the United States?
- 12 What protocol is used to share configuration information over a network?
- 13 How do I identify an unknown device on my network?
- 14 How can I see all IP addresses on my network in CMD?
- 15 What are the ipconfig commands?
What TCP port is utilized by an SSH server?
SSH uses TCP/IP as its transport mechanism, usually TCP port 22 on the server machine, as it encrypts and decrypts the traffic passing over the connection. We will now discuss a cool feature that encrypts and decrypts TCP/IP traffic belonging to other applications, on other TCP ports, using SSH.
What two protocols are used for remote access to a server?
A client/server model can create a mechanism that allows a user to establish a session on the remote machine and then run its applications. This application is known as remote login. This can be done by a client/server application program for the desired service. Two remote login protocols are TELNET and SSH.
What type of IP address is configured by a server when a device first initiates a connection to the network?
35 Cards in this Set
|The Telnet protocol encrypts transmitted data, which therefore cannot be read by others on the network.||False|
|How are IP addresses available to the Internet classified?||public|
|Which type of IP address is configured by a server when a device first initiates a connection to the network?||dynamic|
What command can be used to display IP addresses assigned to all network connections on a system?
From the desktop, navigate through; Start > Run> type “cmd.exe”. A command prompt window will appear. At the prompt, type “ipconfig /all”. All IP information for all network adapters in use by Windows will be displayed.
Is it safe to port forward ssh?
SSH port forwarding is not dangerous by itself, however, its safety depends on the service at the target port. Some have suggested that the safety of port forwarding is dependent on how strong your firewall is and its level of internal and external protection. The security of port forwarding goes beyond the router.
How do I SSH to port forwarding?
Select Remote to define the type of SSH port forward.
- Enter the remote port number in the Source port field (e.g., 8080).
- Type the destination address and port number in the Destination field using the following format localhost:local_port (e.g., localhost:5534).
What are the types of remote access?
In this post, we’ll discuss the most popular approaches to remote access – VPNs, desktop sharing, PAM, and VPAM.
- VPNs: Virtual Private Networks.
- Desktop sharing.
- PAM: Privileged Access Management.
- VPAM: Vendor Privileged Access Management.
Which of the following remote access protocols is the most secure one?
L2TP/IPsec – The Layer Two Tunneling Protocol with IPsec is an effective and secure remote access VPN protocol that provides much better security than PPTP. In its most secure configuration, certificates are used to authenticate endpoints and encrypt communication.
What are the two mail protocols used for delivery of messages?
IMAP and POP3 are the two most commonly used Internet mail protocols for retrieving emails. Both protocols are supported by all modern email clients and web servers. While the POP3 protocol assumes that your email is being accessed only from one application, IMAP allows simultaneous access by multiple clients.
How is the network portion of an IP address identified?
The subnet mask used with IPv4 identifies which part of an IP address is the network portion and which part is the host portion. Using a subnet mask, a computer or other device can know if an IP address of another computer is on its network or another network.
What cell phone technology is the most popular in the United States?
Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones tend to dominate our list of the most popular cell phones at any gives time, with other tech forward devices from LG, Google and Motorola accounting for the rest.
DHCP. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a protocol that will automatically assign TCP/IP addressing information to workstations over the network (see IETF draft standard RFC 2131, 2132, and 3397).
How do I identify an unknown device on my network?
How to identify unknown devices connected to your network
- On your Android device, Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless & networks or About Device.
- Tap Wi-Fi Settings or Hardware Info.
- Press the Menu key, then choose Advanced.
- Your device’s wireless adapter’s MAC address should be visible.
How can I see all IP addresses on my network in CMD?
How to Find All IP Addresses on a Network
- Open the command prompt.
- Enter the command “ipconfig” for Mac or “ifconfig” on Linux.
- Next, input the command “arp –a”.
- Optional: Input the command “ping -t”.
What are the ipconfig commands?
Syntax IPCONFIG /all Display full configuration information. IPCONFIG /release [adapter] Release the IP address for the specified adapter. IPCONFIG /renew [adapter] Renew the IP address for the specified adapter. IPCONFIG /flushdns Purge the DNS Resolver cache.