- 1 What major events happened in the 2000s?
- 2 What was the year 2000 known for?
- 3 What happened in the year 2000 in Australia?
- 4 What happened in the Millennium 2000?
- 5 Who was born in the 2000s?
- 6 Was there a year 2000?
- 7 Who died in 2000?
- 8 What was invented in the 2000s?
- 9 What was the year 2000 called?
- 10 What happened in the year 2001?
- 11 What major events happened in the 1800s in Australia?
- 12 What is a 1000 years called?
- 13 Who started the Y2K scare?
- 14 Why was Y2K such a big deal?
What major events happened in the 2000s?
- September 11 attacks in New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Shanksville, Pennsylvania (2,977 killed)
- 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States (5 killed, 17 infected)
- 2002 Bali bombings in Bali, Indonesia (202 killed)
- 2003 Istanbul bombings in Istanbul, Turkey (57 killed)
What was the year 2000 known for?
The Year 2000 was the start of the new millennium. The New York Yankees defeat the New York Mets in five games in the 2000 World Series. It was the first ‘Subway Series’ since 1956. The U.S. population tops 282 million.
What happened in the year 2000 in Australia?
27 August – Minor premiers the Brisbane Broncos defeat the Sydney Roosters 14–6 at Stadium Australia (now Telstra Stadium) to win the 93rd NSWRL/ARL/NRL premiership. 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia result in a record 58 medals for Australia.
What happened in the Millennium 2000?
Y2K bug, also called Year 2000 bug or Millennium Bug, a problem in the coding of computerized systems that was projected to create havoc in computers and computer networks around the world at the beginning of the year 2000 (in metric measurements, k stands for 1,000).
Who was born in the 2000s?
Discover the most famous people born in 2000. The list includes people like Hayes Grier, Willow Smith, Noah Cyrus, Jasmine Thompson, Isac Elliot and many more.
Was there a year 2000?
The first 2000 years end with the year 2000, and the next thousand start with 2001, the first year of the third millennium. So we should definitely celebrate the official calendar millennium on January 1, 2001. But there is another millennium to celebrate: the millennium of the 2000s, the years that begin with a 2.
Who died in 2000?
Died in 2000
- Charles Schulz (1922-2000) Cartoonist.
- Big Pun (1971-2000) Rapper.
- Hedy Lamarr (1914-2000) Movie Actress.
- Yokozuna (1966-2000) Wrestler.
- Mary Trump (1912-2000) Family Member.
- Alec Guinness (1914-2000) Movie Actor.
- Jim Varney (1949-2000) Movie Actor.
- DJ Screw (1971-2000) DJ.
What was invented in the 2000s?
- 10 Things You Didn’t Realize Were Invented in the 2000s.
- Camera phone, 2000.
- USB flash drive, 2000.
- Bluetooth, 2000.
- Toyota Prius, 2001.
- Blu-ray disc, 2002.
- Facebook, 2004.
- YouTube, 2005.
What was the year 2000 called?
Those holding that the arrival of the new millennium should be celebrated in the transition from 2000 to 2001 (i.e., December 31, 2000, to January 1, 2001) argued that the Anno Domini system of counting years began with the year 1 (There was no year zero) and therefore the first millennium was from the year 1 to the
What happened in the year 2001?
On September 11, two hijacked American airliners plowed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York which collapsed successively, and one crashed into the Pentagon in Washington D.C. Relevant U.S. authorities announced that more than 3,200 people were killed or missing as a result of the terror attacks,
What major events happened in the 1800s in Australia?
- Jan 1, 1803. Second Major Settlement at Van Diemen’s Land.
- Jan 1, 1813. Wool Export Begins.
- Jan 1, 1816. Bank of NSW Established.
- Jan 1, 1817. ‘Australia‘ is Named.
- Jan 1, 1829. 2 Million Sheep.
- Jan 1, 1830. Aborigines Taken into Captivity.
- Jan 1, 1835. Melbourne Founded.
- Jan 1, 1840. Transportation to Mainland Ends.
What is a 1000 years called?
Millennium, a period of 1,000 years. The Gregorian calendar, put forth in 1582 and subsequently adopted by most countries, did not include a year 0 in the transition from bc (years before Christ) to ad (those since his birth). Thus, the 1st millennium is defined as spanning years 1–1000 and the 2nd the years 1001–2000.
Who started the Y2K scare?
The father of the phrase is a 52-year-old Massachusetts programmer named David Eddy, who’s now the president of a Y2K consulting business. “People were calling it Year 2000, CDC (Century Date Change), Faddle (Faulty Date Logic),” Mr. Eddy says. “There were other contenders.
Why was Y2K such a big deal?
Y2K was a big deal because a lot of devices stored the year as a two digit value. The computer code was written so that years in dates were with just the last 2 digits, i.e. 4/4/98. When the year 2000 was approaching, people were unsure what would happen when the date came.