- 1 What does abridged version mean?
- 2 Does abridged mean shortened?
- 3 What does the word abridgement mean?
- 4 How do you use abridge in a sentence?
- 5 Are abridged series Legal?
- 6 How do you tell if a book is abridged or unabridged?
- 7 Which is the best definition of abridged?
- 8 Shall not be abridged meaning?
- 9 What does abridged mean in government?
- 10 What is another word for abridged?
- 11 What does abridged mean in anime?
- 12 What does adherent mean?
What does abridged version mean?
An abridged audiobook is a shortened version of the book. You’ll get the main idea of the book just not all the smaller details!
Does abridged mean shortened?
abridged Add to list Share. An abridged version of a book is a shortened version: it’s not complete because parts have been cut or omitted. Sometimes you have time to read all of something, but other times you don’t.
What does the word abridgement mean?
noun. a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy’s War and Peace. the act or process of abridging. the state of being abridged. reduction or curtailment: abridgment of civil rights.
How do you use abridge in a sentence?
- It was abridged from the original work.
- The book was abridged for children.
- The play was abridged for TV.
- The abridged edition was published in 1988.
- He’s currently abridging his book.
- This story must be abridged.
- The children read the novel in its abridged version.
- The rights of citizens must not be abridged.
Are abridged series Legal?
While not technically illegal (as they are parodies and enjoy protection strengthened by the Supreme Court decision made with Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, inc.), they are still frequently removed from US-based websites (such as YouTube) that have been forced to take a conservative legal stance.
How do you tell if a book is abridged or unabridged?
In order to tell if a book is abridged or unabridged, just scroll down in the book’s info page. In the Details section, there will be a gray box that says “Abridged“. Keep in mind that this box only appears when the title is abridged, meaning that any title without this gray box will be unabridged.
Which is the best definition of abridged?
: shortened or condensed especially by the omission of words or passages an abridged dictionary an abridged version/edition of a classic novel.
Shall not be abridged meaning?
: to diminish or reduce in scope no State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States — U.S. Constitution amend.
What does abridged mean in government?
to reduce the effect of a law, privilege or power. In law it signifies particularly the making of a declaration or count shorter, by taking or severing away some of the substance from it.
What is another word for abridged?
Some common synonyms of abridge are abbreviate, curtail, retrench, and shorten.
What does abridged mean in anime?
An abridged series is a fanmade parody series that uses footage from the original series, often filled with comedic redubbing. Most of the abridged series that are created are based on anime and uploaded onto YouTube, which sometimes get taken down because of claims of copyright infringement.
What does adherent mean?
(Entry 1 of 2): one who adheres to something: such as. a: a follower of a leader, party, or profession Freud’s adherents. b: a believer in or advocate especially of a particular idea or church adherents of Christianity adherents of socialism.