- 1 What should I do in Atlanta today?
- 2 What is there to do in Atlanta for free today?
- 3 Is Atlanta dangerous right now?
- 4 What can adults do in Atlanta?
- 5 Where do celebrities hang out in Atlanta?
- 6 What is Atlanta famous for?
- 7 Is everything free in Atlanta?
- 8 What is there to do in Atlanta cheap?
- 9 What can couples do in Atlanta?
- 10 What is the most dangerous city in Georgia?
- 11 Why is crime so high in Atlanta?
- 12 Is it safe to walk around downtown Atlanta?
- 13 How fun is Atlanta?
- 14 What is the best area to stay in Atlanta?
- 15 What food is Atlanta known for?
What should I do in Atlanta today?
Best Things To Do in Atlanta
- #1. Atlanta History Center. Atlanta History Center.
- #2. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park.
- #3. Piedmont Park. Piedmont Park.
- #4. Atlanta’s Fox Theatre. Atlanta’s Fox Theatre.
- #5. Atlanta BeltLine. Atlanta BeltLine.
- #6. Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- #7. Oakland Cemetery.
- #8. Centennial Olympic Park.
What is there to do in Atlanta for free today?
60+ Fun and Free Things to Do in Atlanta
- State Farm Arena | iStock.
- Center for Puppetry Arts.
- Decatur Toy Park.
- Morgan Falls Playground.
- Family Festival at The Woodruff Arts Center.
- Piedmont Park Playground.
- Silver Comet Trail.
- Historic Fourth Ward Park Playground.
Is Atlanta dangerous right now?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM
Atlanta is generally safe, though some neighborhoods are best avoided. A crime that does occur is mainly between members of street gangs or individuals who know each other, and in areas that are of no interest to visitors. Avoid sketchy neighborhoods and take normal precaution measures.
What can adults do in Atlanta?
Best Adult Fun in Atlanta, GA
- Adult Big Wheel Club. 1.2 mi. 9 reviews.
- Skyline Park. 2.8 mi. 170 reviews.
- The Painted Pin. 1.3 mi. 455 reviews.
- Trap Music Museum. 3.5 mi. 166 reviews.
- Lips – Atlanta. 2.6 mi. 318 reviews.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving – Atlanta. 7.5 mi. 102 reviews.
- The Escape Game Atlanta. 7.6 mi. 80 reviews.
- Skyview Atlanta. 3.9 mi. 315 reviews.
Where do celebrities hang out in Atlanta?
Want to know where celebrities hang out in Atlanta? Here’s where you should go.
- Clermont Lounge. Some of the biggest Hollywood A-listers have gone to the Clermont Lounge.
- 10 Degrees South.
- South City Kitchen.
- Bone Lick BBQ.
- Magic City.
- 53 TV Shows and Movies Filming in Georgia in March.
What is Atlanta famous for?
Downtown Atlanta is home to CNN, The World of Coca-Cola, Centennial Olympic Park, the Georgia Aquarium and the National Center for Civil & Human Rights. Six Flags Over Georgia lies west of the city, while the famed High Museum of Art, Piedmont Park, Atlanta Botanical Garden and Fox Theatre are in central Midtown.
Is everything free in Atlanta?
Top 25 FREE Things To Do In Atlanta
- Centennial Olympic Park.
- Art Stroll at Castleberry Hill.
- Free visit to Atlanta Contemporary.
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site.
- Visit the National Archives at Atlanta.
- Free Samples at Underground Atlanta.
- Piedmont Park.
- Woodruff Park Reading Room.
What is there to do in Atlanta cheap?
Find affordable fun in Atlanta
- Atlanta Contemporary Art Center.
- Atlanta Cyclorama.
- Atlanta Preservation Center Neighborhood Walking Tours.
- Hammonds House Museum African-American Art Exhibits.
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library & Museum.
- Splash into Piedmont Park Aquatic Center.
- Planetarium shows at Fernbank Science Center.
What can couples do in Atlanta?
10 Best Things to Do for Couples in Atlanta
- Go boating at Lake Lanier.
- Enjoy an Atlanta Symphony Orchestra concert.
- Get a couple’s spa treatment.
- Try special events at Georgia Aquarium.
- Ride the SkyView Atlanta.
- Watch a show at the Fox Theatre.
- Go on a picnic at Piedmont Park.
- Hike the East Palisades Trail.
What is the most dangerous city in Georgia?
The most dangerous city in Georgia is the city of East Point. East Point has over 30,000 people living in the city, which clocks in just southwest of the capital city.
Why is crime so high in Atlanta?
Crime comes with being a super-sized city, and is largely fueled by the counter-productive fraud of the “war on drugs.” Even so, out of the 67 U.S cities, Atlanta’s murder rate is ranked 44th, which is nothing to crow about, but neither is it anything to get hysterical about.
Is it safe to walk around downtown Atlanta?
Much of downtown is walkable and is safe during the day. Because the area is most active during business hours, late night walking is not recommended if you are going more than a few blocks.
How fun is Atlanta?
A WalletHub survey of 182 U.S. cities places Atlanta as the sixth most-fun of them all, ranking behind only Chicago, Miami, New York, Las Vegas and Orlando (guess having Disney goes a long way). Atlanta’s place was based on the strength of its “nightlight & parties” rank, which was fifth among cities.
What is the best area to stay in Atlanta?
Midtown has a great selection of hotels for easy access to shopping, museums and restaurants. Less than 10 miles north of Downtown Atlanta, Buckhead is one of the best neighborhoods to stay for shopping, with some of the biggest malls in the city close together, meaning minimal exposure to Atlanta traffic.
What food is Atlanta known for?
WHAT FOOD IS ATLANTA KNOWN FOR? TRY THESE.
- Beef, pork, or chicken and traditional side make up a fantastic barbecue meal.
- Traditional or with a twist, fried chicken is an Atlanta must-have.
- Ethnic foods abound off the Buford Highway.
- Gourmet flavored ice pops hit the spot.