- 1 What should I do on my first trip to New York?
- 2 What are the top 10 things to do in New York?
- 3 What is a good salary in New York City?
- 4 What can you do for free in New York City?
- 5 Is food expensive in NYC?
- 6 What’s the best month to visit New York?
- 7 What food is NY famous for?
- 8 Which is the best area to stay in New York?
- 9 How much does it cost to go to Central Park?
- 10 Can you live in NYC on 50k a year?
- 11 Is 80k a good salary in NYC?
- 12 Can you live in NYC on 70k a year?
- 13 Is it safe to walk around NYC alone?
- 14 Is the zoo in Central Park free?
- 15 What can you do in Times Square for free?
What should I do on my first trip to New York?
10 Must Do’s in New York City for First–Time Visitors
- Visit Central Park. View fullsize.
- Watch a Broadway Show. Musical theater or stage performance is not for everyone, but I say Broadway is.
- Take in Times Square at Night. View fullsize.
- Eat, Eat, Eat!
- Go to the Coney Island Boardwalk.
- Catch a View of the Skyline.
- Spot the Filming of a Show or Movie.
- See the Statue of Liberty.
What are the top 10 things to do in New York?
- #1. Central Park. Central Park.
- #2. American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History.
- #3. Rockefeller Center and Top of the Rock Observation Deck.
- #4. St.
- #5. Bryant Park.
- #6. Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- #7. National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
- #8. Grand Central Terminal.
What is a good salary in New York City?
To live a comfortable and satisfying lifestyle in New York, even when you have roommates splitting the cost, a yearly income of $50,000 or more is ideal.
What can you do for free in New York City?
These Are the Best Things to Do in NYC for Free (Video)
- Relax in the Sand at the City’s Public Beaches.
- Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Take a Free Walking Tour.
- Let the Kids Loose in One of the City’s Inventive Playgrounds.
- Hang With Farm Animals at the Queens County Farm Museum.
- Tour an Ice Cream Museum.
Is food expensive in NYC?
While meal prices in New York City can vary, the average cost of food in New York City is $38 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in New York City should cost around $15 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What’s the best month to visit New York?
The best time to visit New York is April to June and November and December. April to June is spring, the weather is pleasant and tourists are fewer than usual. New York is in its best festive mode in November and December with Thanksgiving followed by Christmas and New Year.
What food is NY famous for?
Food associated with or popularized in New York
- Manhattan clam chowder.
- New York-style cheesecake.
- New York-style pizza.
- New York-style bagel.
- New York-style pastrami.
- corned beef.
- Baked pretzels.
- New York-style Italian ice.
Which is the best area to stay in New York?
We recommend staying in one of these 5 areas:
- Midtown: Ideal for your first visit to New York.
- Upper East Side: Ideal for luxury, shopping, and museum lovers.
- Chelsea & Greenwich Village: Ideal for New York romantics.
- Soho & Lower East Side: Ideal for hipsters and coolhunters.
- Queens: Ideal for travelers on a budget.
How much does it cost to go to Central Park?
central park overview
No entry fee to the Park, but it is applicable if you want to visit specific places like the Central Park Zoo.
Can you live in NYC on 50k a year?
“I definitely think you can live comfortably on a salary of $50,000, even in New York City,” says Haskins. “It’s an expensive city, but I think if you know where your money is going and you recognize what your priorities are, it’s totally doable.”
Is 80k a good salary in NYC?
You can do quite well in NYC with 80k/year depending. You can do quite well in NYC with 80k/year depending. If you’re sharing an apartment you’ll have a lot more buying power, but 80k won’t put you in the lap of luxury.
Can you live in NYC on 70k a year?
Yes, definitely. Both Manhattan, depending on neighborhood, and most parts of Brooklyn. When I first moved to NY, I was only making $45k and I lived in Brooklyn. At 70k, you can afford up to $1750 per month in rent (most places in NY require you to make 40 times the rent amount).
Is it safe to walk around NYC alone?
The good news is traveling to New York alone is actually pretty safe. Violent crime is very rare especially against tourists. So, if you would feel more comfortable meeting a travel buddy, then consider staying at one of New York City’s hostels or booking a walking tour on your first day in the city.
Is the zoo in Central Park free?
Unfortunately, Central Park Zoo does not offer a free admission day. TIP: General admission tickets are included for free with the purchase of the All-Inclusive Sightseeing Pass and up to 50% off with the purchase of the Pick’em Sightseeing Pass, both of which are tourist discount passes.
What can you do in Times Square for free?
FREE THINGS TO DO IN TIMES SQUARE
- Participate in official Times Square Events.
- Experience the Midnight Moment.
- Hug your favorite Cartoon Character.
- See the Naked Cowboy.
- Hear a Gospel Choir.
- See the Tonight Show with Stephen Colbert.
- Madame Tussauds.